MOSES LAKE — With election season in full swing and the November general election right around the corner the public is invited to attend a candidates forum for local contested races in early October.
The forum will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 8 at the Moses Lake Civic Center, 411 S. Balsam St., and is free of charge for the public to attend. The event is designed to resemble a forum, rather than a classic political debate.
Candidates from the following local contested races have been invited to participate in the forum:
Grant County Sheriff
- Sheriff Tom Jones, R-Moses Lake.
- Myriam Villagran Diaz, D-Soap Lake.
Grant County PUD Commissioner No. 1
- Commissioner Terry Brewer, of Soap Lake.
- Judy Wilson, of Moses Lake.
Grant County PUD Commissioner Position B
- Nelson Cox, of Warden.
- Patti Paris, of Moses Lake.
Grant County Commissioner Position No. 3
- Commissioner Cindy Carter, R-Royal City.
- Jeff Foster, R-Moses Lake.
13th Legislative District Representative No. 1
- Rep. Tom Dent, R-Moses Lake.
- Jesse Hegstrom Oakey, D-Ellensburg.
13th Legislative District Representative No. 2
- Rep. Matt Manweller, R-Ellensburg.
- Sylvia Hammond, D-Ephrata.
Grant County Treasurer
- Treasurer Darryl Pheasant, prefers non-partisan party-Ephrata.
- Casey Cooper, R-Moses Lake.
Grant County Auditor
- Auditor Michele Jaderlund, R-Ephrata.
- James (Jim) Liebrecht, R-Moses Lake.
Grant County Assessor
- Assessor Melissa McKnight, R-Ephrata.
- Scott G. Schmig, R-Moses Lake.
For more information about the forum contact the Moses Lake Chamber of Commerce at 509-765-7888.